King Island Experience golf package
we include flights, accommodation, golf & transfers – one package…easy!
plus restaurant recommendations & bookings
your King Island Experience at a glance
- day 1 – depart Essendon airport late pm. On arrival, pick up rental car & drive to King Island accommodation
suggested dinner at Boomerang by the Sea
- day 2 – golf at Cape Wickham Golf Club
suggested dinner at Wild Havest (Grassy)
- day 3 – golf at Ocean Dunes Golf Club. After golf, depart King Island for Essendon airport
based on a minimum of 4 golfers
- return flights from Essendon airport to King Island (with full size golf bag)
- 2 nights accommodation on King Island
- 2 rounds of golf at both Cape Wickham G.C & Ocean Dunes G.C
- large size (new model) rental vehicle for duration
(private transfers also available. Price on request)
- GST included
- we can book a King Island “local produce” dinner for your group, including local crayfish, beef, cheeses & more!
accommodation at the 3 star Ocean Dunes Hotel
- price per golfer (twin sharing) from AU$990.00
- golf carts
- meals and beverages
- personal items. eg. hotel mini bar, phone calls, etc
- golf equipment not listed in inclusions. eg. hire clubs & shoes
current weather in King Island
- 45 minute flight from Essendon
- 2 courses – Cape Wickham & Ocean Dunes
- 4-5 accommodation options
- Currie is the main town, 10 minute drive from King Island Airport
- 3-4 good dining options
- Car rental or transfers easily arranged
- cheese tasting at the King Island diary
- restaurants & cafes
- sampling the world famous local sea food
- walking & riding tracks
your golf getaway golf courses
the golf course at Cape Wickham has captured the attention of international golf critics and has already been ranked #3 course in Australian & #24 in the world rankings.
the golf course meanders through towering dunes and along the beach, where the roar of the ocean and a salty breeze embraces golfers, plotting their way around one of the world’s most natural golf courses. one of the great features of the course is the variability in playing conditions depending on the time of day you are playing the course. the mornings tend to offer windless playing experiences with often crisp cloudless days whereas in the afternoon the wind tends to pick up and provides challenges on many of the closing holes.
a Cape Wickham golf getaway is a must on your “bucket” list
Fortune favours the brave with heroic tee shots leaving simple approaches to the greens. Combined with subtle & rolling greens set in picture-perfect, natural locations.
Multiple tee blocks for players of all standards to choose from adding to the enjoyment of your game.
Two spectacular signature par threes crossing the surging ocean are sure to delight, but with so many 360 degree ocean views from nearly every hole you will certainly never forget Ocean Dunes, King Island.
your golf getaway hotel options
ocean dunes hotel
Beautifully modern decorated rooms are available as twin, double or a mixture of both, plus two connecting rooms for larger groups or families. Room facilities include Wireless Wi-Fi, TV, Bar Fridge, Hair Dryer, Tea and Coffee making facilities. Room charging is also available to our guests.
The hotel facilities include a large 80+ cover Restaurant/Bistro, Public Sports/Tote Bar and Beer Garden.
The Bistro is available for Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinner to both public and guests with a variety of local produce to tempt you.
|Unnamed Road, Wickham TAS 7256, Australia|
|338 North Rd, Currie TAS 7256, Australia|
The Island Breeze Motel
|97 Main St, Currie TAS 7256, Australia|
Boomerang by the Sea Motel
|3 Owen Smith Dr, Currie TAS 7256, Australia|