King Island Golf Getaway12 - 14 February 2017
King Island Golf Getaway
- day 1 Sun 12 – arrive Melbourne airport (by 3.00 pm)
4.05 pm flight to King Island. arrive 5.00 pm. transfer to Ocean Dunes hotel
6.30 pm welcome function (Ocean Dunes Hotel)
- day 2 Mon 13 – breakfast & transfer to Cape Wickham GC
10.00 am tee times
after golf transfer back to hotel. evening at leisure
- day 3 Tues 14 – breakfast & transfer to Ocean Dunes GC
9.30 am tee times
after golf lunch/drinks & presentation in clubhouse
transfer to King Island airport
5.30 pm depart King Island for Essendon Airport. Arrive 6.15 pm
Transfer to Tullamarine airport for connecting flight
- Melbourne to King Island return flights (Rex Airlines & Sharp Airlines) including 15 kgs checked in baggage
- 2 nights twin share accommodation at the Ocean Dunes Hotel (Currie)
- daily breakfast at local café in Currie
- round of at Ocean Dunes GC & Cape Wickham GC including shared electric golf carts
- return airport & golf course transfers (in conjunction with itinerary only)
- welcome function. finger food & wine/beer
- daily & overall competition prizes
- tour cap & gift
- hosted by Golf & Leisure Getaways representative
- twin share / double $1450.00 pp
- single room $1590.00 pp
- domestic flight to/from Melbourne
- items of personal nature (phones calls, mini bar, etc)
- meals & beverages not noted in tour inclusions
- travel insurance
- additional golf rounds & hire equipment (eg. clubs, shoes, etc)
through our travel partner, we can obtain competitive airfares fares and travel insurance. Please contact Steve Wylie to discuss your flight requirements.
- Melbourne to King Island return flights
- 2 night accommodation at the Ocean Dunes Hotel with breakfast
- 2 rounds of golf with electric golf carts
- airport & golf course transfers
- welcome function
- competition prizes
- tour gift
- hosted by Golf & Leisure Getaways
your golf getaway golf courses
Designer: Mike DeVries/ Darius Oliver
Location: approx 45 minutes north of Currie
Facilities: clubhouse with bar (inc light food) & change rooms
the golf course at Cape Wickham has captured the attention of international golf critics and has already been ranked #3 course in Australian & #24 in the world rankings.
the golf course meanders through towering dunes and along the beach, where the roar of the ocean and a salty breeze embraces golfers, plotting their way around one of the world’s most natural golf courses. one of the great features of the course is the variability in playing conditions depending on the time of day you are playing the course. the mornings tend to offer windless playing experiences with often crisp cloudless days whereas in the afternoon the wind tends to pick up and provides challenges on many of the closing holes.
a Cape Wickham golf getaway is a must on your “bucket” list
Designer: Graeme Grant
Established: 2016 (full 18 holes)
Location: approx.10 minutes from Currie
Facilities: clubhouse with limited facilities
Ocean Dunes is destined to join the list of ‘must do’ golf destinations for the travelling golfer.
covering 285 acres with rolling dunes and unsurpassed views along 2km of majestic coastline, this course is made for an unforgettable golf experience.
fortune favors the brave with heroic tee shots leaving simple approaches to the greens. combined with subtle & rolling greens set in picture-perfect, natural locations. multiple tee blocks for players of all standards to choose from adding to the enjoyment of your game.
two spectacular signature par threes crossing the surging ocean are sure to delight, but with so many 360 degree ocean views from nearly every hole you will certainly never forget Ocean Dunes, King Island.
your golf getaway hotel options
King Island hotel
The newly renovated King Island Hotel (Formerly Parers King Island) is located in Currie, King Island’s largest township – just 10 minutes from the King Island Airport.
Beautifully modern decorated rooms are available as twin, double or a mixture of both, plus two connecting rooms for larger groups or families. Room facilities include Wireless Wi-Fi, TV, Bar Fridge, Hair Dryer, Tea and Coffee making facilities. Room charging is also available to our guests.
The hotel facilities include a large 80+ cover Restaurant/Bistro, Public Sports/Tote Bar and Beer Garden.
The Bistro is available for Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinner to both public and guests with a variety of local produce to tempt you.
|Wickham TAS 7256, Australia|
|338 North Rd, Currie TAS 7256, Australia|
King Island Hotel
|7 Main St, Currie TAS 7256, Australia|