Melbourne Sandbelt golf package
Melbourne has the most illustrious and unique selection of golf courses of any city in the world, with an amazing cluster of eight vintage layouts in its suburban sand-belt, all dating from the 1920’s or before, many of which were designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie, arguably the most influential course architect of the twentieth century.
These breathtaking courses are all cut from the same cloth. their rolling fairways are lined with gum and tea trees; the shaggy overgrown rough areas are comparable to Scottish roughs; the par 3’s, when examined as a group, are perhaps the most sensational and distinguished par 3’s that can be found anywhere; and the natural-looking Melbourne bunkers are the most beautiful we have ever seen.
Golf in Melbourne is an experience no passionate golfer should miss, the sand-belt has the makings of an utterly superb golfing holiday.
your Melbourne Sandbelt golf getaway at a glance
- day 1 – depart Sydney, arrive Melbourne. on arrival transfer to
Kingston Heath GC for afternoon round after golf transfer to your accommodation – the Crown Promenade hotel
- day 2 – transfer to Royal Melbourne golf club for morning tee-off, evening at leisure
- day 3 – transfer to the Metropolitan golf club afternoon round, evening at leisure
- day 4 – transfer to Melbourne airport for return flight to Sydney
- return airfare Sydney/Melbourne/Sydney including 30 kgs checkin luggage
- 3 nights accommodation with full breakfast at Crown Promenade (or similar)
- 3 rounds of golf with return transfers as per itinerary
- airport arrival and departure transfers in conjunction with tour flights noted above
- twin sharing $1850.00 per person
- twin share non-golfer $1120.00 per person
- single room $2,250.00 per person
(based on a minimum of 12 tour members travelling together)
- meals not noted above
- optional golf rounds
- golf equipment hire e.g. motorised golf carts, clubs, shoes
- travel insurance
current weather in Melbourne
pricing is subject to exchange rate fluctuations & rate increases from hotels.
price guide is based on minimum 12 guests travelling together.
- most courses are approximately a 30-40 minute drive South East of Melbourne
- 8 world class golf courses
- the leading Sandbelt golf clubs are private, however limited access is granted to international and interstate golfers
- most golfers stay in the city hotels, where there is huge range of 3, 4 & 5 star options
your golf getaway golf courses
kingston heath golf club
royal melbourne golf club
metropolitan golf club
your golf getaway hotel options
crown promenade hotel
the sleek rooms and suites provide Wi-Fi (fee), flat-screen tvs and minifridges, as well as tea and coffeemaking equipment. studios and suites add sitting areas, and suites also feature dining areas.
the hotel has an elegant conservatory with an international buffet restaurant, plus a sophisticated restaurant for Chinese fare. Other amenities include an airy indoor pool and a gym, as well as a business centre and meeting space.
Kingston Heath Golf Club
|68 Kingston Rd, Heatherton VIC 3202, Australia|
Royal Melbourne Golf Club
|32 Cheltenham Rd, Black Rock VIC 3193, Australia|
Metropolitan Golf Club
|6 Voumard St, Oakleigh South VIC 3167, Australia|
Crown Promenade Hotel
|Walker St, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia|